Renting can be an affordable way of trying a musical instrument.
However, when renting from us or any other supplier you are not getting the best deal, it is generally cheaper to buy an instrument than renting. With this in mind we suggest you take a look at our PAY AS YOU PLAY scheme. It’s better than renting and if you change your mind you have the flexibility to exchange your instrument or send it back.
- Cornet, Trumpet, Flute, Clarinet,Deposit of £45: Monthly rental £15 per month. Minimum term 3 months.
- Tenor horn, Trombone: Deposit of £45. Monthly rental £20 per month. Minimum term 3 months.
- Alto saxophone, Baritone horn: Deposit of £65. Monthly rental £25 per month. Minimum term 3 months.
You will receive a quality instrument complete with case, mouthpiece and accessories.
We also provide you with Insurance cover for loss or damage for 12 months. This is included in the price.
How to arrange your instrument rental
- Choose your instrument.
- Pay the deposit online.
- We email you with direct debit details for the monthly payment.
- Complete the insurance form to cover the item in case of loss or damage (we pay the cost of your policy).
- We will deliver the instrument to you using courier or you can collect from us.
For your peace of mind all instruments include comprehensive insurance cover against loss or damage for 12 months. There is no additional charge for this – the cost is included in the deposit. There is an excess of £25 payable in the event of a claim.
Rental instruments are available on a limited basis depending on stock availability. Rental instruments will not usually be brand new but will always be in good condition, supplied serviced and ready to play.
Terms and conditions.
- Hanson Musical Instruments guarantees that the Goods shall be of satisfactory quality and fit for purpose. In the event that you believe this not to be the case, you must inform us immediately so that an examination of the Goods may be carried out, and if necessary, any repairs or adjustments made.
- Any repairs or adjustments must be carried out by Hanson Musical Instruments or its chosen agent.
- You agree to indemnify Hanson Musical Instruments from any loss or damage should you fail to comply with paragraphs 1 and 2 above.
- During the duration of the Agreement, the Goods remain the property of Hanson Musical Instruments.
You are not permitted to treat the Goods as your own whatsoever. In particular you are not permitted to sell, hire, lend or in any way deal with or dispose of the Goods.
- During the duration of the Agreement the risk in the Goods shall pass to you and you shall inform Hanson Musical Instruments immediately should any loss or damage occur in respect of the Goods.
- You agree to us arranging for you comprehensive insurance cover for the first year of the agreement. In subsequent years if you choose to renew the insurance this will be at your cost. There is no obligation for you to renew the insurance cover but you will remain responsible for the item and we highly recommend having insurance. If loss or damage occurs to the instrument you may choose to cover the cost of this personally or make use of the insurance cover provided. In the event of a claim there is an excess payable of £25. Insurance is provided by www.musiciansinsurance.co.uk and Aviva.
- An initial payment is payable upon accepting the Agreement and thereafter the rental charge is payable monthly.
- In the event that a monthly payment is not honoured, the Goods must be returned to Hanson Musical Instruments and an administration cost of £50 will be payable.
- The agreement may be terminated at any time but only once the Goods have been returned to Hanson Musical Instruments. Any instrument being returned must be in good condition. Fair wear and tear is expected but breakages, dents, neglect or misuse is not acceptable.
- Subject to availability you may change instruments during the life of the agreement. Changes to the instrument will also accordingly change the monthly payment amount. This will be calculated directly based on difference in cost, so if you change to a higher cost instrument your monthly rental price is likely to increase and of course a change to a lower cost instrument will mean that your monthly rental price will go down.
- The Agreement is subject to English Law and the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any dispute arising out of or in connection with the Agreement.
- Hanson Musical Instruments reserves the right to commence legal proceedings against you in respect of any breach of the Agreement. The costs associated with any such legal proceedings will be met by you.
- The Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and Hanson Musical Instruments and supersedes and extinguishes all previous agreements, promises, assurances, warranties, representations and understandings between them, whether written or oral, relating to its subject matter.